IamExpat Fair The Hague 2022: Book your free workshop now!
This year, the IamExpat Fair at the iconic Grote Kerk in The Hague on October 1 will be our biggest one yet in the city, as it features more exhibitors than ever before! Spend your day at the IamExpat Fair discovering everything about expat life while browsing the many stands that bring together local businesses, service providers and expats from all over the world!
To truly make the most out of your day at the IamExpat Fair The Hague 2022, why not visit a workshop or two? Presented by experts in their field, our workshops teach you everything you need to know about being an expat in the Netherlands, from buying a house here to learning the language. And the best thing about these workshops? You can attend them free of charge!
The Dutch housing market
Buying a house can be quite complicated. Especially when you are new to a country and don’t know anything about the housing market. The following workshops will clear things up for you:
- An expat guide to the Dutch housing market - Welocate (10.30-11.00am)
- Buying a house in the Netherlands - ABN AMRO International (12.10-12.40pm)
- Answering all your Dutch housing and mortgage questions - Independent Expat Finance (3.30-4.00pm)
Your family in the Netherlands
Did you come here with your children? If so, you may be interested in attending one of these workshops:
- Helping your expat family with the college search - Launch Education Advisors (11.40am-12.10pm)
- How thinking mathematically can empower students - Ergo Education (12.30-1.00pm)
- Empowering children through STEM education - JetLearn (3.00-3.30pm)
Your career in the Netherlands
Looking for a job in the Netherlands? Or maybe you want to further your career here? Perhaps you are thinking about starting your own business? Find out more about how to cultivate your career in the Netherlands by signing up for one of these workshops:
- Starting a business in the Netherlands - Blue Umbrella (11.20-11.50am)
- How to lead diverse teams effectively - Rotterdam School of Management (1.00-1.30pm)
- Understanding Dutch work culture as an expat - Language Partners (1.20-1.50pm)
- Does leadership still matter? - Maastricht School of Management (3.20-3.50pm)
- Negotiate a better labour contract - Mr. Berendsen Advocaten (4.10-4.40pm)
- How to become a pro at presenting - Stage Heroes (4.20-4.50pm)
Learning the Dutch language
You may think that there’s not really a need to learn Dutch, as most Dutchies are not afraid to speak English. However, knowing the language may get you closer to the locals and could even give you an edge over other non-Dutch speaking expats while applying for jobs. Here are some workshops you can sign up for at the IamExpat Fair that will give you a taste of what it’s like to learn Dutch:
- Dutch for beginners: Spreek Nederlands met me - UvA Talen Language Centre (10.20-10.50am & 1.40-2.10pm)
- Learning Dutch is easy but look out for false friends - Direct Dutch Institute (12.00-12.30pm)
Expat life & well-being
What is it like, living in the Netherlands as an expat? What will it be like for your children? Get these questions and more answered by the following workshops at IamExpat Fair The Hague 2022:
- Discover manifestation and quantum coaching - Satori Vision (10.50-11.20am)
- Your mobility options in the Netherlands - Louwman Dealer Group (12.50-1.20pm)
- Managing expat stress in a post-covid world - Cigna Global (2.30-3.00pm)
- Working and living in The Hague region - The Hague International Centre (2.40-3.10pm)
- How to prepare your kids for your move abroad - Edufax (3.50-4.20pm)
Your finances in the Netherlands
When you move to a new country, there are a lot of things you need to take care of. For instance, the tax rules may be quite different to your native country. Make sure your finances in the Netherlands are up to snuff by taking one of these workshops:
- Investing at ABN AMRO - ABN AMRO International Clients (11.10-11.40am)
- Filing your Dutch taxes - Blue Umbrella (1.50-2.20pm)
Book your seat now!
As you can see, we have workshops for everyone. And yes, they are completely free to attend! The only thing you need to do is reserve your spot at the workshop(s) you want to attend. So, what are you waiting for? Book your seat now before it's too late!
Please note that you must register separately for each workshop and for general entrance to the IamExpat Fair The Hague 2022.