Coronavirus update (April 20): Downward trend?
The RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and Environment) reports that, since the last update, another 750 people in the Netherlands have tested positive for COVID-19, the illness that is caused by the new coronavirus. This means that the new total of infected people is 33.405.
Coronavirus situation in the Netherlands
Of the 33.405 people infected, another 67 people have died since yesterday*, April 19, bringing the death toll to 3.751. In total, 9.779 (+75) patients are or have been admitted to hospital. As not all people are getting tested, the true number of people infected with the new coronavirus is higher than reported.
*There may be a delay between the day of death and the day that it is reported.
|Date||Confirmed cases||Hospital admissions||Deaths|
|April 20||33.405 (+750)||9.779 (+75)||3.751 (+67)|
|April 19||32.655 (+1.066)||9.704 (+110)||3.684 (+83)|
|April 18||31.589 (+1.140)||9.594 (+129)||3.601 (+142)|
|April 17||30.449 (+1.235)||9.465 (+156)||3.459 (+144)|
|April 16||29.214 (+1.016)||9.309 (+182)||3.315 (+181)|
|April 15||28.153 (+734)||9.127 (+188)||3.134 (+189)|
|April 14||27.419 (+868)||8.939 (+210)||2.945 (+122)|
|April 13||26.551 (+964)||8.729 (+147)||2.823 (+86)|
The following measures are in place:
Until April 28
- The following facilities will remain closed: sports clubs, saunas, casinos, sex clubs, food and drink establishments, day care (exception: people in vital professions). Takeaway orders and delivery is still possible. This includes coffee shops.
- Public locations will remain closed, such as concert halls, museums and theatres.
- Stay home as much as possible. Only leave your house if you can't work from home, to get groceries, to get some fresh air or to help someone in need.
- Keep a 1,5-metre distance from one another (exception: families and children under 12). Groups of over 2 people who are not keeping their distance may be fined.
- A maximum of 3 visitors in your home is allowed, only if you can keep a 1,5-metre distance from each other.
- Don't visit people who are older than 70 or people who are immunocompromised in some way.
- It is no longer possible to carry out "contact" professions, such as but not limited to, hairstylists, massage therapists, escort services, nail stylists and driving instructors.
- Ban on all social gatherings. Exceptions: weddings, funerals, religious meetings (max 30 people, 1,5-metre distance).
- The government advises against travelling abroad unless absolutely necessary.
- Mayors will have the power to close public spaces.
- People who work in vital professions may only stay home from work when they have a fever (discuss with your employer).
- School buildings will remain closed until after the May holiday. Some schools are open to hold final-year exams.
Until June 1
- Ban on all social events that need a permit until June 1.
Are you worried about having symptoms? Read Coronavirus: What are the symptoms and how can you avoid getting it?