Team Lead Scala Developer Utrecht | Join a very Succesfull Scale Up and Help Conquer the world! | Scala, Akka, Cloud, Kafka, ElasticSearch | up to € 85.000
Updated: 08 Apr 2019
Your job: Team Lead Scala Developer Utrecht
- Would you like to be the team leader of a very tech savvy bunch of software engineers?
- Would you love to work based on the last software engineering best practices?
- Would you want to work on a very successful and intellectual challenging product that has huge global potential?
- How about up to 15% bonus, 6 training days, € 5.000 training budget and an amazing office?
Then we may be looking for you! Read on!
Your employer: Processing Real-Time Streaming Data that will revolutionize their market
This very tech savvy product company enables real-time analytics and control over vast amounts of real-time data, enabling users to make vastly better business decisions. They are a very successful scale up, so working here means the flexibility and freshness of a startup, but with the know-how and big budgets of an established company. At the moment they are already processing tens of thousands of events every 20 seconds and this number will increase with every client successfully added!
In the Netherlands, the engineers working at this company are quite famous for the level of their level of craftsmanship. They have built a culture of collaboration, agile working, continuous improvement, and self-development. They are big proponents of functional and reactive programming, clean coding and delivery automation.
Joining this product company also means being part of bi-monthly knowledge sessions (the last trends on best practices presented), being able to go to seminars in the Netherlands and abroad and overall strapping your career to a rocket. Buckle up, you are going to the top!
Your role: Team Lead Scala Developer Utrecht
As the company is growing and different teams have been formed we are now looking for a hands-on Team Lead Scala Developer Utrecht. This role asks for a combination of great people skills and technical acumen (heavy lead + scala/akka/cloud). You will lead a very capable and fun feature team to help build the best client friendly features. In your role as Team Lead Scala Developer Utrecht you will mentor various engineers and help them to reach their maximum potential.
Next to leading one of the feature teams, helping keep code standards high and building innovative, scalable and very user-friendly features you will furthermore bite down on the challenge to build the SAAS (AWS, GCP, Azure) version of their product and move it into the cloud. This is quite a challenge as the current architecture is quite complex and split into multiple services.
As the company is growing fast you can look forward to great career chances!
What is required?
- +6 years of professional software engineering experience
- Professional experience with Scala, Akka
- Experience building heavy load systems
- Experience with (or the potential to) lead(ing) a development team
- A hands on attitude + good communicator, pro-active nature and collaborative
- Experience with GCP, AWS, Azure or Private Cloud is a plus
- Experience with modern SE practices like CI/CD and Agile
What is offered?
- Up to € 85.000 gross per year
- An amazing office, easy to reach from Utrecht OR Amsterdam region!
- 5 – 15% yearend bonus
- Bimonthly knowledge sessions
- € 5.000 training budget per year
- 6 training days per year
- Public transportation fully paid
- A brand new laptop + accessories every 2 years
- Great, very intelligent and tech savvy colleagues
- Relocation assistance when coming from abroad (visa + housing paid for first 2 months)
Are you a team leader with good scala/akka and heavy load system development knowledge?
Be sure to send your CV to Robert Hawker via email@example.com
For all of our vacancies visit the CodeGuild Hall www.codeguild.nl
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week