Research assistant ‘Rural Imaginations’
Updated: 06 Jul 2020
The Faculty of Humanities offers a six month research assistant position as part of the research project Rural Imaginations, led by Prof. Esther Peeren. Applications are invited from excellent candidates who wish to gain experience working in a research project and to develop their own research in an area related to the project. Information about the research project can be found here.
The research assistant will:
- publish a peer-reviewed article on a topic related to the Rural Imaginations project;
- write a PhD research proposal on a topic related to the Rural Imaginations project;
- assist Prof. Esther Peeren and other members of the Rural Imaginations project with tasks including website maintenance, workshop organization and editing.
The successful applicant must have:
- an MA or research-MA in Cultural Analysis, Literary Studies, English or a related discipline;
- demonstrable experience in:
- website maintenance
- text editing (in English), academic referencing systems
- the organization of academic workshops/conferences
- demonstrable familiarity with:
- the theoretical frameworks mobilized by the Rural Imaginations project
- the close analysis of (popular) cultural objects (literature, film, television)
- excellent skills in academic English, both written and spoken;
- excellent social and organizational skills;
- ability and willingness to work in a team;
- an international orientation.
The research assistant will get an employment contract for 19 hours per week (0.5 FTE) for a period of 6 months at the Research Department of the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Amsterdam. The intended starting date of the employment contract is 1 October 2020. The gross monthly salary (on full-time basis) will range from €2,656 to €3,548 (scale 8). The UFO profile for this position is Researcher assistant 3. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
19 hours per week