HR Assistant Administrator (PT/32H week)
Updated: 11 Jul 2019
Are you an HR professional with at least 2 years of experience? Do you speak fluently Dutch and English?
We are looking for an HR Assistant Administrator who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
You will work within the ESTEC Local Affairs Service and will be responsible for the execution of processes related to the privileges and immunities according to the Host Agreement of ESTEC, which include:
- Administration concerning the registration with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- All administrative processes related to the registration of all categories of staff, including permanent staff, Young Graduate Trainees (YGT's), Research Fellows (RF's) and International Trainees (IT), with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (hereafter: MFA), which includes:
- ° Registration when taking up employment;
- ° Deregistration when leaving the organization;
- ° Changes in personal circumstances;
- ° Request for Statements from the MFA;
- ° All administrative processes related to the privileges of staff according to the Host Agreement (f.i. taxes).
- Being a Liaison between the staff members and the Dutch authorities, like The Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Municipalities; Tax authorities; Social Insurance bank, etc.
- Input and maintenance of several systems including Personnel Files, SAP, Excel, Lotus Notes and Access databases, electronic archives, shared drives etc.
- Recommend and actively participate in the improvement of internal processes and tools related to the ESTEC Local Affairs Service.
- Support the VISA requests of Staff.
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized Institute of secondary studies or equivalent.
- Previous experience with human resources administrative processes is desirable, preferably within an international environment.
- Proven experience in the use of IT tools such as HRMS, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes and databases.
- Ability to speak and draft written correspondence in English and Dutch.
- Ability to interpret and explain rules of the Host Agreement between ESA-ESTEC and the Netherlands.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with proven ability to prioritize.
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and follow up.
- Excellent sense of discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to work under pressure in a fast pace environment.
- A high degree of self-motivation, energy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Positive attitude and customer service focus, maintaining ESA's professional reputation.
- Sense of diplomacy.
- Resourceful approach to problem-solving.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Application deadline: Monday, 5th of August
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.