Distribution Supervisor - Amersfoort
Updated: 16 Sep 2019
For our international client operating in the health sector, we are looking for a motivated and experienced Distribution Center Supervisor to join the team. In this role, you will be in charge of the coordination of daily distribution activities, as well as ensuring excellent internal and external customer service. The Distribution Center Supervisor is in charge of meeting and exceeding the daily performance goals, while complying with operating standards.
- Assuring the quality of goods in the process of receiving, controlling and dispatching goods for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Use ERP systems, as well as physical organization tools, to maintain and organize the inventory and storage area.
- Organize support for other departments
- Create and coordinate the staff work plan for your department, be the first point of contact for the staff's questions.
- Inform about job expectations and coach associates.
- Review and evaluate assigned team performance, as well as coach them.
- Control compliance with Corporate Quality and Safety policies and procedures
- Implement DBS innovative process and procedure changes for improvements
- Develop and Implement goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for distribution activities and identify resource needs; recommend and implement policies and procedures
- Create and present reports
- Maintain a positive, qualitative, creative and teamwork-oriented work environment
- MBO level through education or work experience
- 3-5 years' experience in working in an operations environment, preferably a distribution center or related educational experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of all department activities and functions
- Experience of working with Oracle, Microsoft Windows Word, Power Point and Excel
- Ability to identify and resolve problems that arise in a distribution and/or warehouse environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment within established guidelines
- Good oral & written communication skills in Dutch and in English another EU-language a plus
- You have good organizational and leadership skills, are stress tolerant, pro-active, credible, a team-player and have good facilitation skills
- In our clients Distribution Center, they work in shifts. One week from 8AM till 4.30PM the other week from 11.30AM till 8PM.