Postdoctoral Researcher on Distributed Data Sharing Technologies
Updated: 12 Aug 2019
We are seeking an ambitious and talented postdoctoral fellow to join our rapidly growing Data Science team to work on distributed data sharing technologies. You will be responsible for researching novel solutions to make data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable (FAIR), and for proposing models for fine-grained data access control, scalable metadata indexing, smart contracts, and distributed ledgers across a variety of application areas, with an initial focus on health.
You will be responsible for the research in the above-mentioned area, as well as writing scientific reports and papers and seeking funding opportunities through grant writing. You may also be asked to mentor PhD and Master students working on a similar topic.
- A PhD Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent;
- Prior experience in distributed systems research;
- Previous exposure to health projects is desirable;
- Ability to program in Python, Java or Java Script;
- Proficiency of the English language, both written and oral;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Willing to acquire new skills and come up with new approaches.
- 38 hours per week;
- The salary is competitive, depending on qualifications and work experience scale 10 or 11. On top of this, there is an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end of the year allowance.
- We offer an attractive package of fringe benefits such as, reduction on collective health insurance, substantial leave arrangements, parental leave packages, attractive retirement benefits and application for attractive fiscal arrangements for employees from abroad
- The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > Support > UM employees.
- We offer a rewarding career at a young university in the heart of Europe, with a distinct global perspective and a strong focus on innovative research and education.
- We provide a stimulating, collaborative and interdisciplinary work environment with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development;
- Maastricht University has an excellent international reputation, and Maastricht itself is a beautiful, open-minded city located in the center of Western Europe.
38 hours per week