Updated: 25 May 2023
We’re on the search for…
We are an e-commerce company where your main playground will consist of an AWS environment (elastic compute cloud and lambda’s) with Adobe Experience Manager as the CMS and Commercetools as the e-commerce engine. On top of that, the IT landscape consists of an authentication system (for the account across all our channels), payment, a B2B distribution system including a mobile pass system and paper fulfilment, a BI environment including a DWH and marketing automation tooling.
Besides the Interrail and Eurail passes, we have an IOS and Android travel app that our customers use during their trips in Europe. We also offer a complete train seat reservations portal for our travelers. All these systems are interconnected with each other. Our objective is to have a fully microservice-based infrastructure.
Eurail is growing, and besides a B2C and B2B environment, we are connecting to more institutions like the European Commission with the DiscoverEU initiative.
We're looking for a support engineer responsible for proactive support in the operational part of the IT infrastructure. You and your team will maintain, improve, and work together with the developers of the five Product teams. You will also play an essential role in translating and analysing customer feedback to improve the systems further.
At Eurail, we are working in an Agile way, and we use the SAFe framework from strategic to daily operational work. We currently make our DevOps way of working more mature, and you can be part of this journey!
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining the IT Operational Excellence team, reporting to the Head of IT, where your primary activities will be:
- Identify and analyse problems, manage incidents and pro-actively improve IT systems, functionalities, and processes.
- Operate as a support and incident engineer to our in-house development teams and suppliers and prioritise the work for the product teams.
- Monitor, measure, and be responsible for the support KPI’s like uptime, availability and (peak) performance of our core business systems and functions.
- Assess (potential) risks in our IT infrastructure and mitigate them pro-actively.
- Jump in and help on an operational level to solve problems, where needed.
What we’re looking for in you
We’re looking for talented people who go ‘One Stop Further’ and have the same mindset as us, being forward-thinking, results-driven, caring and embracing diversity.
In terms of your experience and strengths, we’re looking for;
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in informatics (HBO).
- 3 years+ relevant work experience in IT e-commerce within a commercial environment.
- 3 years+ experience in a support/service area.
- Knowledge about ticketing systems (ClickUp, Zendesk) and monitoring tooling (Eurail is using CloudWatch)
- Practical knowledge of system monitoring is a must
- Understanding of REST API
- Expertise with AWS (EC2, Lambda) and operational (DynamoDB)
- You have a “getting things done” and “improve every day” mentality.
- You are stress resilience and can make (fast) decisions and say no when needed.
- You can prioritise the work in a multitasking environment.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, on a business level in English.
Bonus points if you have:
- Basic understanding/experience of DevOps
- Knowledge of the SAFe framework
- A passion for sustainable travel!
- Already hold the correct documents to work in the Netherlands.
- You have the flexibility to manage when and where you work, with our hybrid way of working. Whether you need collaborative, quiet or social time, either face-to-face or online, everything is possible, but keep in mind that is necessary to come to the office some days per week.
- The opportunity to make a visible contribution, working in an agile way within your team and across the company.
- A complimentary NS train card to travel across the Netherlands for work and leisure.
- An annual free global travel pass for you and a companion, so you can explore Europe with your family or friends and share the same experiences as our customers.
- An annual team trip across Europe to experience our product first-hand.
- Support for your wellbeing through a generous personal allowance.
- The autonomy to develop your own personal and professional growth plan using your individual training budget.
- An enhanced annual leave package of 28-30 days, plus study days, volunteer days, and Good Friday.
- Salary Scale: 59, Monthly gross salary (excluding 8% allowance): around € 4000 per month based on experience.
40 hours per week
We advocate for the positive impact travelling can have in the world. We are Eurail and we have all the stops to take our customers’ curiosity further. To be more precise: there are more than 30,000 destinations in Europe ready to be discovered with one Pass.
If we are going to inspire the world, then we need the right people around us. We are proud of our culture at Eurail. We're a diverse team (more than 50 nationalities!) of talented and passionate colleagues who have a real curiosity for the world around them.
We strive to ensure that all of our people have the chance to innovate, influence and grow. With our international and passionate team (working hybrid, from our office in Utrecht and working from home), we believe that creative thinking and diversity help to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique and repeatable experience for our customers.
Curious to apply?
Apply directly via our website (https://jobs.eurail.com/en/vacancies).
- Please submit a motivational letter, with your resume in English (our business language)
- To show off your skills, we may also ask you to complete a short assessment as part of the process
If we feel you might be a good fit, the next step is a fairly informal interview with some of your potential new team members. For you, this is helpful to understand if Eurail is your ideal workplace, and for us, it tells us more about the value you would bring.
In the meantime…
Following your application, we will provide you with an update, even if you are unsuccessful. We appreciate the effort it takes to apply for a new role so we ensure that we respond to every candidate.
If you’re curious to know more, why not check us out on LinkedIn and get a feel for our culture, our values, and our place in the world. And we’re eager to answer any questions you might have too… just send them over to [email protected] and our People & Culture team will pick them up.