Scrum Master / Release Train Engineer
Updated: 10 May 2023
What will be your main responsibilities?
A new Scrum Master / RTE will be a servant leader for our team, who coaches the team members to get the best out of them, by facilitating Scrum ceremonies in an effective way. You will be assigned to one of our Agile Release Trains, where you will be working closely with the Head of ART. Within the same ART, you will perform Scrum Master responsibilities for the Product Teams, cooperating with the Product Owner. More detailed responsibilities are described below:
Company level: As a member of LACE (Lean Agile Centre of Excellence), you help develop the SAFe implementation to continuously improve processes, tailored to the organisation’s needs, and conduct training for management, Agile teams and other colleagues.
ART level: coaching the ART members, support in facilitation of ceremonies such as PI Planning, Inspect and Adapt and ART sync. Cooperating with other RTE’s on cross-teams assignments.
Team level: coaching the team and facilitatating ceremonies such as Sprint Planning and Retrospectives
- Helping teams to establish relentless improvement in the way of working, optimize flow, experimenting, data-driven, innovative mindset and connection to SAFe
- Work closely together with the Product Owner and Epic Owner and help your teams with feature estimation.
- Assist in handling team dependencies, risks, and escalation of impediments
Whom we’re looking for
It's already looking like a possible match when you share the same mindset as us, being forward-thinking, results-driven, caring, and embracing diversity. In terms of your experience and strengths, we’re looking for someone who:
- Are passionate about Agile WoW, know how to transfer this to your team(s) and strong ability to coach people
- Have relevant experience as a Scrum Master or Release Train Engineer for at least 2 years.
- Can prove your good skills in servant leadership and facilitation
- Are result-oriented and focused on effective action
- Have a data-driven mindset, are curious and always willing to learn; something you also encourage others to follow.
- Have excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
In addition, it’s bonus points if you have…
- An understanding of DevOps
- Hold the necessary certification, for example, Professional Scrum Master, SAFe RTE, or Leading SAFe.
- A love of sustainable travel!
- Already hold the correct documents to work in the Netherlands
- You have the flexibility to manage when and where you work, with our hybrid way of working. Whether you need collaborative, quiet or social time, either face-to-face or online, everything is possible, but keep in mind that is necessary to come to the office some days per week.
- The opportunity to make a visible contribution, working in an agile way within your team and across the company.
- A complimentary NS train card to travel across the Netherlands for work and leisure.
- An annual free Interrail/Eurail travel pass for you and a companion, so you can explore Europe with your family or friends and share the same experiences as our customers.
- Unlimited access to OpenUp psychologists to support mental well-being.
- An annual team trip across Europe to experience our product first-hand.
- Support for your well-being through a generous personal allowance (€ 1500 ).
- The autonomy to develop your own personal and professional growth plan using your individual training budget (€ 4000) .
- An enhanced annual leave package of 28-30 days, plus study days, volunteer days, and Good Friday.
- Salary Scale: 59, Monthly gross salary (excluding 8% allowance): € 4000 - 5000 based on experience.
40 hours per week
Your Future Team
We advocate for the positive impact travelling can have in the world. We are Eurail and we have all the stops to take our customers’ curiosity further.
If we are going to inspire the world, then we need the right people around us. We are proud of our culture at Eurail, underpinned by our established company values that define and guide what is important to our people. We’re a diverse team of talented colleagues (from more than 50 countries!) who have a real curiosity for the world around them.
We strive to ensure that all of our people have the chance to innovate, influence and grow. With our international team (working hybrid from our HQ in Utrecht and/or from your home in the Netherlands), we believe that creative thinking and diversity help to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique and repeatable experience for our customers.
Eurail has organised itself around the customer journey. You’ll be joining one of Eurail Agile Release Trains, which focuses on a particular stage in the customers journey. It can be in the phase where customers familiarise themselves with our product, the purchase, or the travel phase.
Diversity, inclusion and belonging
Travelling is about making connections. Our culture reflects and represents the communities that our product proudly connects. We share our traveller’s natural curiosity, passion for adventure and embrace of new experiences.
We offer a safe environment where you can bring your whole self to work, recognising that our strength lies in our differences and our values. Through self-organising teams that encompass a diverse range of views, skills and backgrounds, we encourage a culture of openness, curiosity and flexibility - attributes vital to deepening our shared understanding of customer perspectives.
And just as travel is about discovery, we are on a continuous journey to make our culture even more inclusive.
Curious to apply?
Apply directly via our website (https://jobs.eurail.com/en/vacancies).
- We'll ask you to share your resume in English (our business language) and tell us why you're excited about Eurail and this particular role. It doesn't hurt to be creative; we love to see your personality shine through.
- To show off your skills, we may also ask you to complete a short assessment as part of the process
If we feel you might be a good fit, the next step is a fairly informal interview with some of your potential new team members. For you, this is helpful to understand if Eurail is your ideal workplace, and for us, it tells us more about the value you would bring.
In the meantime…
Following your application, we will provide you with an update, even if you are unsuccessful. We appreciate the effort it takes to apply for a new role so we ensure that we respond to every candidate.
If you’re curious to know more, why not check us out on LinkedIn and get a feel for our culture, our values, and our place in the world. And we’re eager to answer any questions you might have too… just send them over to [email protected] and our People & Culture team will pick them up.