Updated: 13 Jan 2023
We’re on the search for…
An AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) Developer to take on the responsibility for implementing and maintaining our interrail and Eurail websites, and the train seat reservation self-service. As an AEM Developer, you will join our young development team, where you can make a difference by improving our code base, processes, and of course the team itself. Recently we introduced Adobe Campaign in the organization, and we need an AEM developer that goes one stop further to help further develop this Adobe application.
What you’ll be doing
As our AEM Developer, you will ensure the readiness of development projects and initiatives while working with business owners and technology partners to implement business objectives and usability requirements. You will, with the other AEM developers, responsible for the AWS hosting and administration of the application.
This is a hands-on role that will take our digital experiences to a new level of excellence. In this position, you can participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, solution design, hands-on coding, configuration, component deployment, testing, and/or documentation activities according to the needs of the project. As a member of the development team, you will work with the solution architect and other AEM, front end and backend developers.
What we’re looking for in you
We’re looking for talented people who go ‘One Stop Further’ and have the same mindset as us, being forward-thinking, results-driven, caring and embracing diversity.
You are the AEM Developer we are looking for if you have the following characteristics:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience implementing AEM (AEM 6.0 and later required)
- Experience with Java, Maven,HTL, Touch UI, OSGi, CRX, Sling, JCR, Dispatcher
- Understanding of React and experience with SPA editor in AEM is a plus
- Experience working with technology teams to build and maintain web applications using Adobe's Experience Manager CMS, including site architecture, custom components, workflow development, Digital Asset Management (DAM)
- Experience in building RESTful APIs
- Experience with best coding practices and unit testing
- Ability to fine-tune AEM application for optimal performance, including configuring Threads, Heap, GC Policy
- Experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
- Experience with web and application servers, such as Apache
- Basic experience in the Adobe Campaign
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Experience in AWS (EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, Cognito) is a plus
In addition, its bonus points if you have…
- Knowledge of the SAFe framework
- A love of sustainable travel!
- Already hold the correct documents to work in the Netherlands
- You have the flexibility to manage when and where you work, with our hybrid way of working. Whether you need collaborative, quiet or social time, either face-to-face or online, everything is possible, but keep in mind that is necessary to come to the office some days per week.
- The opportunity to make a visible contribution, working in an agile way within your team and across the company.
- A complimentary NS train card to travel across the Netherlands for work and leisure.
- An annual free global travel pass for you and a companion, so you can explore Europe with your family or friends and share the same experiences as our customers.
- An annual team trip across Europe to experience our product first-hand.
- Support for your well-being through a generous personal allowance.
- The autonomy to develop your own personal and professional growth plan using your individual training budget.
- An enhanced annual leave package of 28-30 days, plus study days, volunteer days, and Good Friday.
- Salary Scale: 59, Monthly gross salary (excluding 8% allowance): € 4000 - 5600 based on experience.
40 hours per week
We advocate for the positive impact travelling can have in the world. We are Eurail and we have all the stops to take our customers’ curiosity further. To be more precise: there are more than 30,000 destinations in Europe ready to be discovered with one Pass.
If we are going to inspire the world, then we need the right people around us. We are proud of our culture at Eurail. We're a diverse team (49 nationalities!) of talented and passionate colleagues who have a real curiosity for the world around them. We like thinkers and do-ers, and people that ask a lot of questions.
We strive to ensure that all of our people have the chance to innovate, influence and grow. With our international and passionate team (based in Utrecht and working from home), we believe that creative thinking and diversity help to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique and repeatable experience for our customers.
Curious to apply?
Apply directly via our website Careers (eurail.com)
- Please submit a motivational letter, with your resume in English (our business language)
- To show off your skills, we may also ask you to complete a short assessment as part of the process
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications via Indeed or other recruitment websites, as these sites bypass our recruitment system, which is in place to ensure compliance with GDPR and our inclusion and diversity policy.
If we feel you might be a good fit, the next step is a fairly informal interview with some of your potential new team members. For you, this is helpful to understand if Eurail is your ideal workplace, and for us, it tells us more about the value you would bring.