Big Data Engineer - Hilversum (NL) - Media
Updated: 10 Oct 2019
For our client, we are looking for an experienced Big Data Engineer.
Are you a Big Data Engineer who’d like to work with state of the art technology in the Cloud? In the position of Big Data Engineer, you will participate in the innovation process in the pipeline. Are you experienced with scalable docker microservices and scale-out data storage? Then you are our new Big Data Engineer!
As a Big Data Engineer, we want you to:
- Develop Data Science solutions to provide the business insights to make adjustments;
- Combine different data sets to test hypotheses about potential opportunities;
- Develop predictive and prescriptive models with large, combined data sets;
- Generate ideas for better data-driven decisions or by identifying opportunities for new (data) products.
- A university degree in for example Econometrics, AI, Statistics or Mathematics.
- Experience with Python or GOlang
- 3 years of experience in the field of Big Data
- Experience with processing data, calculating and serving recommendations (for example with Spark)
- Hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform or a similar Cloud solution.
- You speak both Dutch and English
- Competitive salary with a great collective pension scheme
- 36-hour working week with flexible working hours
- Fixed Travel allowance
- An end-of-year bonus of 6%
- Personal development opportunities
- Dynamic workplace and projects
Our client is a multimedia company, based in Hilversum. You can be part of the Data Intelligence department, and work together with enthusiastic and driven colleagues on growth for now and the future! The department is constantly on the move and looking for innovation and improvement. The team is daily handling data of millions of users for recommendations and insights.