Senior Kotlin Developer Haarlem | Do you like to build tangible products, 100 greenfield & Systems for millions of people? | Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Scrum, CI/CD, TDD | Salary up to € 75.000
Updated: 29 Jul 2019
Vacancy: Senior Kotlin Developer Haarlem
- Do you also want to work on tangible products that add value for retailers, consumers and public transport safety on a daily basis?
- What do you think of working exclusively on greenfield long-term projects and all that 100% in-house with your own team?
- Do you enjoy working with passionate craftsmen who always have a strong focus on quality and modern technology?
- Do you enjoy working with technology such as Kotlin, Spring Boot, Vert.X, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes and Elasticsearch, where you also have the opportunity to pick up React, VueJS and React Native?
Then read on!
Your employer: Socially relevant and tangible products are developed here 100% in-house
If you have traveled to work by public transport or you have bought something in the store or at the gas station, you are guaranteed to come across one of the many smart solutions from this software company. Blockchain, contactless payment, NFC, mobile devices; there is an increasing demand worldwide for these types of solutions and that is why they are growing steadily with this increasing demand.
Here they have been building high-availability, scalable and super-secure software products for many years. These are used 24/7 by thousands if not millions of people. These systems often run at the heart of our infrastructure, but they are always used outside of our national borders.
The work is mainly done from their beautiful office in Haarlem, which means that you almost always work well with your software colleagues based on Scrum. These are real craftsmen with a lot of passion for quality software. That way you can do a lot of sparring and work hard on your own development. Yet the culture here is very relaxed, open and no-nonsense with a good work-life balance. And that is reflected in the pleasure and extremely low turnover.
Your job: Senior Kotlin Developer Haarlem
As senior Kotlin Developer Haarlem you always work on long-term greenfield projects from your office in Haarlem. These are mainly high available systems that are often mission-critical within the sector where they are developed. The systems often deal with large numbers of users, many events and transactions. The best security is therefore very important here.
As a Senior Kotlin Developer Haarlem you are involved as a mentor with medior or junior developers. Together with your full stack team and software architect you are involved in technology choice, architecture and delivery. Think of projects that take 1 to 2 years. So you can really deliver quality that you are proud of!
Because you are always working on greenfield projects you can work with the most modern technologies “for the job” and you can learn a lot from architecture and design. So you can (if you are interested, steadily grow into hands-on Software Architect). You also get the choice whether you want to develop as a backend or full stack developer. Giving you the chance to work with VueJS, React or React Native.
The great thing is that you work for customers with whom there is almost always a long-term cooperation. People have already proven themselves and there is a lot of confidence. So you don’t have to prove yourself again. That way, you and your team can focus on building the best solution.
You can grow enormously here, because you constantly work with modern tech and you always have experienced colleagues around you to spar with. In this way, Seniors are helped to grow into hands-on Software Architect. As a software architect you can join a select group of software artisans who are technically in charge of projects.
What is needed?
- From 5 years of professional experience with JVM software development
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus ( here you can learn on the job)
- Hungry to learn and passionate about delivering quality
- Technical HBO or WO work and thinking level
- Experience with Java is an advantage
- Experience with Microservices and REST is an advantage
- Experience with Spring Boot is a plus
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes is an advantage
- Experience with Reactive Programming or Security is a plus
- Experience with VueJS, React or React Native is a plus
- Experience with Cloud (AWS, Google), NoSQL and / or ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD and / or TDD is a plus
What is offered?
- Salary up to € 75.000 based on knowledge and experience
- Immediately a permanent contract!
- Choose from a contract of 40 hours, 32 or 36
- Full pension
- 27 vacation days
- Working 1 day from home
- Flexible working hours
- Mobile and laptop
- Daily lunch
- Training budget
- Travel expenses reimbursed
Do you as a Senior Kotlin Developer Haarlem enjoy working with highly skilled and passionate colleagues on very tangible and very useful solutions that are used daily by millions of people?
Then apply now via the form here below or send your cv to Serge Warbout via firstname.lastname@example.org
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week