Payroll Coordinator Dutch /English - Utrecht
Updated: 16 Sep 2019
Our client is an international medical company specialized in product design, manufacture and distribution of products within the medical and pharmaceutical industries.
You will be responsible for coordinating the company's monthly payroll and assisting the Accounts Payable team. The diverse responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing the monthly payroll in collaboration with HR, end-to-end processes and policies for employees in The Netherlands, for internal customers and ensure compliance with legal and company requirements.
- Co-ordinate outsourced payroll in the Netherlands and UK (and additional territories as we expand our operations) and if applicable manage a split payroll between countries.
- Collate and check all payroll information and adjustments (including from our time registration system Dyflexis and payroll information received from HR).
- Enter data into the payroll system (new hires, employee changes, benefits in kind, additional payments and voluntary deductions in the payroll system).
- Resolve payroll queries.
- Process checks such as terminations and discrepancies.
- Calculate new hire pay, termination pay and any required adjustment to normal pay.
- Calculating and processing statutory declarations.
- Updating payroll policies and processes to support HRM, Company policies and legislative requirements.
- Supporting HR with employee tax/ compensation queries.
- Support bank and credit card reconciliations
- Support expense claims processing
- Support addressing internal & external invoice queries
- Support processing of invoice processing including coding, entering onto the accounting system and filing
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, legal and Company policies and procedures
- Working independently, prioritizing work with minimal supervision
To be successful in this role, you are a team player who is able to build relationships with colleagues in other departments and answer payroll queries in an easy to understand way. With an eye for detail you enjoy working methodically to get things done thoroughly and within deadlines.
- A Practical Diploma Payroll in Administration (PDL Praktijkdiploma Loonadministratie) / equivalent
- Demonstrable, professional experience within Accounts Payable and payroll
- Experience of the Nmbrs Payroll system or equivalent
- Medium / Advanced Microsoft Excel User
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Pro-active approach, with strong time management skills
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Plans effectively and works well in a team or individually
- Solution focused with a high level of self-motivation, drive and tenacity
- Able to communicate effectively with good listening skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Have a flexible working attitude and be someone who is willing to go the extra mile to contribute to great team work.
- Keen to learn and contribute to process improvement
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision