Director Payroll and Accounting Operations
Updated: 16 Sep 2019
Main Tasks :
The Director Payroll and Accounting Operations provides leadership and guidance for all aspects of the Payroll Accounting and Operations functions for the 21 countries in Europe and 3 countries in Asia that our client has operations. Ensure payroll is processed timely, in compliance and accordance with all local and US GAAP requirements.
- Providing leadership and strategic direction to associates in the payroll teams.
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll for all company associates.
- Ensure payroll and related items are recorded properly on a monthly basis.
- Manage third party service providers to improve efficiencies and accuracies.
- Provide clear and concise communication to the organization
- Manage, forecast and control the budget for all areas of responsibility.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal departments and customers.
- Partner with North American offices to ensure Xpat, stock grants and other compensation is handled properly from a tax and expense standpoint.
- Consult with outside consulting firms to ensure practices are consistent with individual country laws.
- Strong knowledge of payroll processing and accounting.
- Willingness to learn and improve the current process.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all associates within the organization.
- Develop high performing Associates for expanded roles.
- Assist Treasury in cash forecasting and internal leveraging.
- Control multiple projects and comply with aggressive deadlines.
- Develop performance guidelines, deliver evaluations and address performance issues.
- Monitor status of departments through statistic reporting.
Qualifications (Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience)
Eight plus years of consistent career growth in Accounting / Finance. Master's degree, CPA and/or certification a plus. Experience with US GAAP Accounting.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
Reasoning Ability/Problem Solving
Ability to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions working independently towards results, grasps details, devises new methods and new conditions using a high degree of initiative on very complex assignments.