Accountant - Utrecht
Updated: 16 Jul 2020
Finance / Accounting
- Perform general accounting activities, including preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements;
- Prepare, analyse and report financial transactions, making sure accounting records are complete, accurate and in compliance with accepted accounting principles
- Analyse and prepare year-end and statutory accounts as well as financial statements and reports
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data
- Examining financial records to check for accuracy
- Manage tax payments
- Analyse financial trends.
- Assisting in process improvement and systems enhancement initiatives
- Proactively identify new initiatives that could benefit the organisation.
- Bachelor's/Master's Degrre in Accounting
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP/IFRS reporting, consolidation, income taxes/VAT and intercompany agreements.
- Extensive accounting experience
- Experience and effectiveness in working, reporting and communicating in an international and multicultural environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Affinity with ERP systems
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Dutch is an advantage but not required.
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- A flexible working attitude and willing to go the extra mile to contribute to great team work
- A positive mindset, being able to think in opportunities rather than problems
- Ability to focus not only on the day to day aspect, but also on process improvements.
- Pro-active approach with strong time-management skills
About the company:
Our client is an international medical company based in Utrecht