Customer Experience Specialist (French Speaking)
Updated: 22 Nov 2022
What does the work involve?
Your goal is to delight our broad variety of customers (Sellers and Buyers) by solving complex challenges, answering questions and supporting them by solving their issues over phone and Email. When there is a dispute between a seller and a buyer, you will mediate between each customer and find a solution that works for both. The customer experience department plays a crucial role in ensuring customers come back to Catawiki again and again. Aside from this you will:
- Be responsible for managing disputes and complaints, making sure customer issues and questions are addressed and resolved in a correct and timely manner via phone and/ or email;
- Based on your extensive communication with our customers, you’ll look out for possibilities for improvements in our services and work together with other departments to improve the overall Customer Experience.
This is who you are
You are motivated by providing delight to our customers, you can communicate clearly and customer satisfaction is your main goal. You will try your utmost to find fitting solutions to all problems and you do this in a patient, and empathetic way. In addition you are:
- Fluent in French , in both speaking and writing and have a sufficient command of the English language;
- You are based in The Netherlands and experienced in complaint handling or a customer related role (hospitality, tourism, retail, call-center etc);
- Quickly able to switch between phone and e-mail communications;
- Available to work preferably 40 hours per week;
- Flexible to work 2 evenings per week, with the last shift ending at 19:00PM;
- You are flexible to work at least 2 weekends a month and able to work on some public holidays.
- Our preference would be for candidates that reside in the Netherlands at their time of application and already have the required documentation to be able to work.
What we offer
- A challenging job in a dynamic, fast-growing and international organisation;
- A competing start salary, depending on experience;
- Travel allowance if you live outside of Amsterdam;
- Catawikians who are performing well receive a permanent contract after 12 months;
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months;
- Great secondary benefits including 25 holiday days, holiday allowance, a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki and a bike lease plan;
- Regular fun on and offline employee activities;
- Freedom and responsibility to organise your work efficiently and friendly colleagues who are willing to help you;
- Lots of room to learn and grow, with excellent opportunities for career development towards sales, marketing or a lead agent role in the Customer Experience department.
Who we are
A piece of the moon,a complete dinosaur skeleton,the Pope's hat,the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day.
Catawiki is the leading online marketplace to buy and sell special objects. We offer over 75,000 special objects in auction every week — each reviewed and selected by one of Catawiki’s hundreds of in-house experts specialised in Art, Design, Jewellery, Fashion, Classic Cars, Collectables and many more.
We've sold 10 million unique items to date and it’s our mission to become the world’s most popular auction destination for special objects.
We’re an innovative, pioneering and fast-growing scale-up. If you think you can make a difference to our team, go ahead and apply.