Updated: 25 Nov 2022
We’re on the search for…
…an expert in customer-centricity who can balance the demands of daily operations with the coaching and facilitation of team members. You’ll work closely with the operational lead, supervisors and third-party resources to agree targets and processes and use your planning and operational abilities to support continuous improvement efforts.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining the Eurail customer services team and reporting to the operations lead.
You’ll be involved in:
- Managing the flow of incoming customer requests
- Coaching and facilitating subject matter experts and customer service agents on non-content related topics
- Acting as the second point of escalation (via and after subject matter expert) in decision-making outside of standard procedures
- Organising stand-ups with sub-teams to inform, explain, show pain points and share best practice
- Recruiting customer service agents and subject matter experts together with the operations lead
- Responding on workload peaks to re-scheduling capacity to meet service level agreements
- Measuring performance and defining improvement points
- Acting as operations lead deputy and back-up for other customer service supervisors
- Forecasting, scheduling, and ensuring staffing levels are sufficient to meet service and productivity goals
- Organising team-building events
What we’re looking for in you
We’re looking for talented people who go ‘One Stop Further’ and have the same mindset as us, being forward-thinking, results-driven, caring and embracing diversity.
In terms of your experience and strengths, we’re looking for;
- Excellent management and supervisory skills, to coach and mentor customer service representatives
- Good knowledge of capacity planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of customer service procedures and principles
- Organised with attention to detail
- Ability to resolve customer complaints, issues, and escalations
- Be transparent and calm in stress moments
In addition, its bonus points if you have…
- Knowledge of the SAFe framework
- A love of sustainable travel!
- Already hold the correct documents to work in the Netherlands
- You have the flexibility to manage when and where you work, with our hybrid way of working. Whether you need collaborative, quiet or social time, either face-to-face or online, everything is possible, but keep in mind that is necessary to come to the office some days per week.
- The opportunity to make a visible contribution, working in an agile way within your team and across the company.
- A complimentary NS train card to travel across the Netherlands for work and leisure.
- An annual free global travel pass for you and a companion, so you can explore Europe with your family or friends and share the same experiences as our customers.
- An annual team trip across Europe to experience our product first-hand.
- Support for your well-being through a generous personal allowance.
- The autonomy to develop your own personal and professional growth plan using your individual training budget.
- An enhanced annual leave package of 28-30 days, plus study days, volunteer days, and Good Friday.
- Salary Scale: 59, Monthly gross salary (excluding 8% allowance): around € 3300 based on experience.
40 hours per week
We advocate for the positive impact travelling can have in the world. We are Eurail and we have all the stops to take our customers’ curiosity further. To be more precise: there are more than 30,000 destinations in Europe ready to be discovered with one Pass.
If we are going to inspire the world, then we need the right people around us. We are proud of our culture at Eurail. We're a diverse team (49 nationalities!) of talented and passionate colleagues who have a real curiosity for the world around them. We like thinkers and do-ers, and people that ask a lot of questions.
We strive to ensure that all of our people have the chance to innovate, influence and grow. With our international and passionate team (based in Utrecht and working from home), we believe that creative thinking and diversity help to improve our brands and ultimately create a unique and repeatable experience for our customers.
Curious to apply?
Apply directly via our website (https://jobs.eurail.com/en/vacancies).
- Please submit a motivational letter, with your resume in English (our business language)
- To show off your skills, we may also ask you to complete a short assessment as part of the process
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications via Indeed or other recruitment websites, as these sites bypass our recruitment system, which is in place to ensure compliance with GDPR and our inclusion and diversity policy.
If we feel you might be a good fit, the next step is a fairly informal interview with some of your potential new team members. For you, this is helpful to understand if Eurail is your ideal workplace, and for us, it tells us more about the value you would bring.