Head of German Market
Updated: 06 Aug 2019
Have you ever dreamed about being a Head of Market? Have you ever wanted to lead a team? Growing people from all sorts of disciplines? Leading a go-to-market strategy? Engaging in different aspects of the business? Being THE face of the market, both internally and externally? Then stop searching, Virtuagym is looking for YOU!
What’s this all about?
Virtuagym has grown fast, very fast. From roughly 30 employees in 2015 to over 150 in 2018. This wouldn’t have been possible without a great product, great people, great vision and great leadership. Yet, in that last category, we still see room for improvements.
‘Be global, act local’ is a quote we like to refer to. Well, in order to do exactly that, we need somebody who takes the lead. In this role, you will oversee our go-to-market strategy and execution. You will educate colleagues in the organization while also pushing for what’s required to win.
The next step in our journey
Virtuagym leads its teams by function yet with a local approach to each market. This means you not only have the chance to lead an entire market, you will also do so cross departmentally. From product to marketing, client success and sales, all will be around that one specific thing: gaining traction through unity! By putting the teams together, defining overachieving goals, combining knowledge and setting clear KPIs and metrics, we’re going to execute a sophisticated go to market strategy in order to aggressively win market share, eventually leading to becoming the dominating player
What your new challenge looks like
You wake up, a brand new day ahead. What’s the next most urgent challenge to tackle? How are you going to prioritize? And what will bring the biggest short term wins, while factoring in the long term? Yesterday you chatted with your biggest client, discussing the latest trends in the market and how he as a successful business owner would like to anticipate. Game on for you! The week prior you finished a general partnerships plan that was received with great enthusiasm. Is it going to yield better numbers though? In conclusion, expect a vibrant position in which priorities constantly shift. However, the best part, is that you determine what’s the next best thing to do.
First of all, our ideal candidate is a person who gets a big smile on his or her face when we tell you that your responsibilities most-likely have changed 6 months from now. You will work at the heart of our organisation and will focus on what brings us the most value, now and in the future. You will need to tell us what your market needs while tapping into the many talents of our colleagues at Virtuagym. From the get-go, you will likely focus on the following:
- Developing a commercial strategy that will allow us to grow revenue, decrease customer acquisition costs (CAC) and increase customer lifetime value (CLV)
- Driving enterprise acquisition forward to attract new fitness chains
- Bringing on brand new ‘flagship customers’ that will help us build a great name in the market.
- Guiding your sales team in overachieving their sales targets through both one-to-one sales (business development) as well as one-to-many sales using automation (marketing)
- Helping the marketing organization in running and optimizing local marketing campaigns, ultimately resulting in hyper growth in terms of lead volumes and revenue
- Researching new opportunities for Virtuagym including but not limited to product up-sells, pricing, localisation of our communication and automated customer on-boarding
- Being the customer’s voice in order to enable product to prioritize based on customer’s impact
What you bring to the table
- Strong leadership: people WANT to follow you
- Pro-activeness: you will show everybody the way
- Positive attitude: even when not everything goes your way
- Dynamic mindset: things will be changing consistently, hold tight or don’t even try
- Commercial mindset: growth is your middle name
- Problem solving attitude: “ain't no mountain high enough...”
- Experience in a commercial role: you know what to do to get revenue on the short term
- You have a native level of German
What Virtuagym brings to the table
- Your next best opportunity to gain a ton of entrepreneurial experience
- Guidance from leaders across multiple departments
- The chance to elevate your career
- Competitive compensation that reflect the growth in your market
- You’ll be joining a diverse and international team made up of over 20 nationalities across our offices in Amsterdam and Medellin, working in an easy-going and fun environment
- As a scale-up, we offer great freedom and autonomy to take ownership of projects and to develop your skills and experience with us
- We provide 25 paid holidays per year, holiday allowance and a pension plan
- Our beautiful office in Amsterdam is located along the Knowledge Mile and has stunning views of the city. We’re also just a few minutes walk away from Amstel station, a key transport hub
- And there’s more: free gym membership and weekly crossfit classes, knowledge exchange sessions (pizza included!), Dutch-speaking courses, fresh fruit in the office, Friday drinks and plenty of other fun events with your colleagues
40 hours per week
Virtuagym is a leading tech company providing innovative fitness software for gyms, personal trainers, and corporate health services. Virtuagym has grown into an all-in-one solution for client coaching, membership management, billing, scheduling, access control and more. It’s integrated mobile fitness apps offer solutions for exercise, nutrition guidance, progress tracking, and online coaching.
With 200+ employees across two offices in Europe and Latin America, Virtuagym supports more than 15 million end-users, 30,000+ trainers worldwide and over 5,000 health clubs, including Basic-Fit (NL), Xercise4Less (UK), various YMCA’s (USA), and XSport (USA).
With over 100% growth every year, we keep reinventing ourselves in the fast-paced fitness technology domain. While we are beyond the startup phase, we still cherish our start-up culture and non-corporate approach. At Virtuagym you get the opportunity to grow and we empower you to explore, learn and do great things as we conquer the world with our great solutions!
Ready To Join Us?
Please do not hesitate to apply. For any questions on the vacancy, please call the recruitment team at +31 20 808 2868.
Please note that we do not collaborate with third parties to fill this vacancy.