Business Development Representative - Native German (part-time/full-time)
Updated: 06 Aug 2019
Are you looking for a challenging role in an international company located in the center of Amsterdam, with significant growth potential? We are now looking for a native German-speaking BDR to join our Amsterdam-based team in our efforts to make the world a healthier and fitter place.
A Typical Work Day
You arrive at the second tallest building in Amsterdam ready to take on the day. You make your way to the 18th floor, where you have panoramic views of Amsterdam, and grab an espresso. You catch up with coworkers on the result of the weekly company football match, the awesome cycling route your colleague in Customer Success discovered, and the upcoming festival that you should definitely attend.
9 a.m. strikes and you attack your list of prospects. Within minutes, you connect with the owner of a yoga studio that you’ve learned is struggling to retain members and then a gym that is opening up two more locations later this year. You’re prepared for these moments and persuade them that an hour of their time spent with Virtuagym will drastically improve their business outcomes. Two demos scheduled by 10 a.m.? High-fives all around.
You’re hungry for more success and you continue chasing fitness entrepreneurs - there is no such thing as being satisfied. After a productive couple hours, you challenge your fellow team-members to a ping-pong match to show that your domination doesn’t just end with business development.
After showing off your ninja-like reflexes, you follow up with your scheduled demos to confirm that they will make the appointment as agreed. On top of this, some prospects requested more information before taking a meeting, so you spend time crafting the perfect email that will address their concerns and get them to take time with us.
That afternoon, the demo you scheduled last week closes for the largest deal in company history - the email goes out to the team and your hand hurts from all the high-fives you receive. Your manager has a grin on their face because they couldn’t be happier for you. Thirsty for more, you make more calls to prospects, eager to find the next big deal. You get an invite in your inbox for the next team outing to celebrate the successes you and the team have achieved.
Before you know it, it’s 17:30 and it’s time to go; you gave it your all and leave with your head held high.
What We’re Looking For:
Virtuagym, rated by SeedTable as one of Amsterdam’s top startups, is building a world-class culture that attracts, develops, and retains the world’s top emerging talent. To accomplish this, we are looking for our next outbound Business Development Representative, our team on the front-lines. You will become a master of persuasion, determined to make sure every gym and studio is aware of Virtuagym.
Here’s How You’ll Do It:
- Follow the on-boarding manual and be ready to start contacting new prospects within two weeks of starting.
- Leverage best-in-class lead generation resources to efficiently and effectively target prospects in the fitness industry.
- Learn to craft excellent sales messages that have prospects begging to learn more.
- Leverage a multi-channel approach - email, phone, and social media - to connect and schedule targeted accounts.
- Oversee the scheduling of demos on gr executives’ calendars and log activities in CRM.
- Advanced English skills, plus a Native-level of German proficiency matching the job description.
Top Characteristics Consistent With Success In This Position
- A desire to overachieve on your goals
- Hustle, determination, and persistence
- Sales experience, preferably with cold-calling
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Basic written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in German (native-level)
- Ability to work in a dynamic, changing environment with minimal direction
- Strong written communication, phone, presentation, and interpersonal skills
What We Offer
- You will become part of a vibrant, international culture with an office right off the Amstel
- An opportunity to join at the ground floor of a high-growth organization
- A career growth path matched with a management team determined to help you be the best version of yourself
- Work hard, play hard mentality. Celebrate your successes by indulging in a game of ping-pong and treat yourself to our in-house bar
- Competitive compensation package and 25 paid holidays per year (based on 40-hour workweek, excluding public holidays)
20/40 hours per week
Virtuagym is a leading tech company providing innovative fitness software for gyms, personal trainers, and corporate health services. Virtuagym has grown into an all-in-one solution for client coaching, membership management, billing, scheduling, access control and more. It’s integrated mobile fitness apps offer solutions for exercise, nutrition guidance, progress tracking, and online coaching.
With 200+ employees across two offices in Europe and Latin America, Virtuagym supports more than 15 million end-users, 30,000+ trainers worldwide and over 5,000 health clubs, including Basic-Fit (NL), Xercise4Less (UK), various YMCA’s (USA), and XSport (USA).
With over 100% growth every year, we keep reinventing ourselves in the fast-paced fitness technology domain. While we are beyond the startup phase, we still cherish our start-up culture and non-corporate approach. At Virtuagym you get the opportunity to grow and we empower you to explore, learn and do great things as we conquer the world with our great solutions!
Ready To Join Us?
Please do not hesitate to apply!
For more information, please call (+31)20 808 2868