Developer Public Private Partnerships Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam
Updated: 11 Sep 2023
Do you like building collaborative partnerships, initiating and managing Public Private Partnership projects, between academia and private/societal partners? We are currently seeking a highly motivated Developer Public Private Partnerships for the Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam (ACTA).
You will be part of a team of enthusiastic business developers at Innovation Exchange Amsterdam (IXA), UvA-HvA office. You will perform your work with the researchers and staff connected to ACTA (www.acta.nl). Your assignment in this position will be aligned with ACTA’s strategic directions, in particular building on the relation between Oral and General Health (check these recently started projects www.orangehealth.nl, www.metahealth.nl). ACTA will be your primary workplace. Your work may include or shift to other research institutes in the future.
What will you do
You will be responsible for building collaborative partnerships, initiating and managing Public Private Partnership projects, between academia and private/societal partners. The main corresponding tasks are:
- Identify and pursue new opportunities for sponsored research together with ACTA scientists in the field of oral health, with a focus on large scale collaborations.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including academics, industry and public partners, and potential funding bodies.
- Support the development of complex partnerships, including negotiating collaboration agreements and managing project delivery.
- Monitor market trends and developments in the field and identify opportunities for the organization to innovate and stay ahead of the curve.
- Working closely with other members of the teams at ACTA as well as IXA to support the overall growth and success of the organization.
We are looking for a candidate with the following profile:
- Academic knowledge and intellectual skills equivalent to a Master’s or PhD level in dentistry, health care management, life sciences or other relevant field.
- Several years of relevant working experience and proven track record in business development and/or project management
- Strong interest in business/impact creation and a natural aptitude for identifying and pursuing new opportunities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- Hands-on, with a strong ability to take ownership of projects and see them through to completion.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new situations, with a growth mindset and a desire to continue developing professionally.
- Speak and write fluent Dutch and English.
We offer an employment contract for the period of one year with a probationary period of two months. Upon positive evaluation and good performance, this will be continued in a permanent employment. The employment contract is for 30-38 (0.8 - 1.0 fte) hours per week.
Your salary, depending on your relevant experience on commencement of the employment contract, ranges between €5,247 to €6,737 gross per month on the basis of a full working week of 38 hours. The annual salary will be supplemented with 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus and good fringe benefits. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
38 hours per week