Senior SRE Engineer AWS Amsterdam | Within the largest B2C platform in the Benelux, learn everything about Cloud and SRE | AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Kafka, Java | €95,000
Updated: 04 May 2022
Vacancy: Senior SRE Engineer AWS Amsterdam
- Do you want to roll out the SRE strategy for an established tech giant within the Benelux where you get the chance to learn everything about SRE such as Observability and Reliability, even if you don’t have this experience yet?
- Do you want to be involved in a Cloud migration to AWS for the most used B2C platform in the Benelux with almost 10 million active users, where you get the unique opportunity to think along with the architecture and design?
- Do you want to work within an open, informal, international, and fast-growing organization where there is a strong Engineering culture where you get all the tools to develop yourself as well as possible?
Read on quickly!
Your employer: Largest B2C platform in the Benelux!
This tech giant has been a real success story since opening its doors! Since their foundation, they have grown every year and they have now taken over the entire market in the Benelux within their niche, where they are the largest player with almost 10 million active users, more than half a million page views per day, and 200 releases per week. In short, working here means making a real impact.
Within this challenging environment, the SRE strategy has yet to be rolled out and they are in the process of massive migration from on-premise/GCP to AWS! In addition, you are dealing with a tangible product where the pillars are innovation and product development! This gives you the ideal playground to further develop your SRE and Cloud skills within a complex, real tech-driven environment, which translates into innovation, technical freedom, learning from the best engineers, and a lot of autonomy!
In addition, there is an open and human culture where the person is central. This translates into flexibility regarding working from home and creating a perfect work-life balance! In addition, you get every opportunity to grow into, for example, Principal or Tech Lead roles!
Your role: Senior SRE Engineer AWS Amsterdam
As a Senior SRE Engineer AWS Amsterdam, you will immediately fall in love! The largest online platform in the Netherlands is about to implement all kinds of impactful innovations. Multiple new SRE teams, a completely new strategy, and migration from on prem to Cloud! There YOU can jump right in, giving YOU the chance to learn everything you can’t yet do on a HUGE scale with the BEST Engineer!
You will also deal with the reliability and observability of the platform. And are you going to help Developers within the organization with Best practices around SRE! In addition, you will build tooling for Developers so that they can deliver optimally. You will work closely with Developers in multidisciplinary teams, where the main goal is to integrate SRE within the Dev teams.
Because there is a lot of Greenfield work in a highly scalable environment with a focus on product development, you get the opportunity to learn a lot here and take the next step in your career!
What is required?
- More than 5 years of professional experience in infrastructure and/or software development
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- DevOps is a culture/methodology for you and you breathe it
- Experience with CI/CD such as Jenkins
- Pre, Experience with a Public Cloud vendor
- Pre a System Engineering background
- Pre Knowledge of Rabbit, Kafka, Mysql, Cassandra, and/or Elastiq is a plus
- Experience with rolling out SRE strategies within highly scalable environments is a plus!
What is on offer?
- Salary from €75,000 to €90,000 +10% bonus!!!
- 4 days working from home! (also after Corona)
- Flexible working hours
- 26 vacation days
- Generous training budget
- Good pension
- Freedom to attend seminars as an individual or team
- Full reimbursement of travel expenses
- Spacious office facilities (massages every 2 weeks, depending on the weather)
- Great hardware!
- €40 net per month for health insurance
- 50% discount on a gym subscription
- Bicycle plan every 3 years
Are you a passionate Senior SRE Engineer Amsterdam who would like to develop further in the field of Cloud and SRE where you can learn from the best people?
Then apply directly via the form below or email your CV directly to me at [email protected]
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week