Principal Microsoft Data Platform Consultant
Updated: 04 Jun 2019
Our client is a leading data focused technology consulting business in Europe with an enviable client base and established long-term client relationships across multiple industry sectors. They are a dynamic and highly motivated team of bright, personable professionals who are at the top of their game and are passionate about solving complex business problems while establishing trust-based relationships with peers and clients.
For their technology team, they are currently looking for a Principal Microsoft Data Platform Consultant.
What will be your challenge?
Together with your team, you’ll be working on projects while keeping up with bleeding edge (cloud) technology. You will translate these innovations to modern scalable solutions for your clients across sectors such as (but not limited to) retail, travel and transport, financial services and industry.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Architecting, designing, developing and delivering enterprise grade BI Platform as a Service solutions based on the Microsoft Azure Platform.
- Working on client-site to understand requirements and replay solutions to customer sponsors.
- Constantly developing technical skills using the latest cloud technology - achieving & maintaining Microsoft certification.
- Helping clients realise the potential of Data Science, Machine Learning, and scaled processing within Microsoft Azure.
- Working to grow Altius Europe’s client base, supporting with pre-sales activities, delivering demonstrations to potential customers and presenting with partners such as Microsoft
- Grow the team within Amsterdam by helping with the recruitment process
- Defining the curriculum of the Altius Data Academy.
- A strong background in enterprise BI and Data Warehousing concepts and methods with the ability to adapt and tailor based on requirements.
- A strong understanding of software engineering tools and concepts.
- Good attention to detail to deliver well-written and tested code.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Good communication skills in English, Dutch is a plus.
- Experience working with the traditional Microsoft BI stack: SSRS / SSAS (Tabular with DAX & OLAP with MDX) / SSIS.
- Strong experience working with data platform related Azure resources, such as Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory and Azure Data Warehouse.
- Good understanding of application life cycle management ideally using Team Foundation Services or Azure DevOps.
- Good sense of humour.
Additional information regarding our recruitment process:
- Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within The Netherlands.
- Base salary + on target benefits will be based on experience and track record.
- Please note that a background check will be part of our recruitment process.
- Our client is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on Madison Parker International or this position, please call Soumya Shastry, Technology Recruiter on +31(0)70 387 5911 or email your resume directly to email@example.com