Data Engineer - Trade and Communication Surveillance
Posted: 21 Aug 2019
IT & Technology
Invent our next digital future Long before it became fashionable to talk about the need to be ‘digital first’, ING has recognised and invested in the power of new technologies to transform our customers’ banking experience. To work at ING Tech is to be surrounded by inspiring colleagues who insist constantly on being more tomorrow than we are today: not just by embracing a digital future — but by inventing it. Who work continually to optimise pioneering, reliable and feasible technologica...
- support in the area of data engineering to enable the team to focus on delivering insights to the business
- Own and improve the entire business intelligence / analytics data pipeline
- Analyse source systems to identify appropriate sources of data.
- Identify and resolve data quality issues
- Profiling data sources
- Building and testing data pipelines (using programming/scripting languages)
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Evaluation of infrastructure and tools and authority on taking decisions on our tech stack
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Scripting Languages (Bash and/or PowerShell)
- Elastic search
- DevOps and and version control system ex. Git
- Big Data (Spark, Hive, Hadoop)
- Programming (Java, C#)
- Linux administration
- Data Science (Analytics, Statistics, Machine Learning)
- Relativity Trace e-discovery
- Security development methodologies