Reception Coordinator 1 Oct
Updated: 23 Aug 2019
Horeca / Tourism
Objective:To create a warm and personal relationship with our guests with extreme focus on details and with a strong personality all in accordance with our mission: to convey and offer the “Eric Vökel experience”. To manage and maintain the hotel in perfect condition according to the corporate guidelines, creating and managing a cohesive, motivated and stable team. About the Job:Reporting to the Hotel Manager, the reception coordinator is required to work for a very reputable boutique aparthotel chain based in Spain operating hotels across Europe. This is a full time position with a great rate of pay with the chance for a manager to join an international aparthotel company with great opportunities to grow within the organization locally or internationally. Ideally, the company is looking for someone who has proven experience in the hotel industry for instance in a front-desk / reception position. You will take charge of the main duties of the hotel as listed below. Because of the nature of the position, the candidate will ideally be flexible and confident with independent thinking and planning. The Reception Coordinator position involves:
- The prime objective is to manage the hotel and all its relevant functions according to the corporate standards
- Prepare and coordinate the daily operation taking into account the various tasks within the cleaning and maintenance departments
- Monitor the quality of the work by the cleaning and maintenance departments – always checking the state of the apartments before new arrivals
- Ensuring compliance with licensing, hygiene, health and safety legislation/guidelines
- To carry out and/or supervise all activities pertaining to guest arrivals, departures and all other tasks related to the front-desk/reception
- Control and follow-up lost items
- Revision of all daily discrepancies: late arrivals, extensions or unexpected departures
- Monitor the quality of the cleaning of the communal areas
- Stock control of amenities, bedlinen and all other third party deliveries
- Monitor, control and daily closure of the front-desk cashbox
- Report and Support to Hotel Manager
- Compare the closures of the TPV with the PMS and report of any discrepancies
- At least 2 years of experience in a hospitality role working for a reputable accommodation provider in a front-desk or other service oriented role
- Proven to be very guest-focused and hospitality minded.
- Tourism education.
- Languages: fluent or advanced English and Dutch required, basic Spanish would be a plus.
- Keywords: Leadership, empathy, flexible, analytical, responsible, customer oriented.
Full time / Part time hours per week
About the company:Eric Vökel. Born in Copenhagen, his life is architecture and design. Devoted collaborator with important Nordic designer studios, it was while he was on one of his many trips that he arrived in Barcelona; its architecture, culture and Mediterranean liveliness grabbed him. The impact this city had on him was so strong that he decided to stay and bring to life his latest project: Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments. Cosmopolitan and unrepentant traveler, after starting his project in Barcelona, opens its two latest buildings in Madrid, and he is already working on his next projects in Amsterdam: a new-built hotel with 28 apartments will open in August of 2016.