Junior System Administrator
Updated: 17 Jun 2019
Are you in IT service desk role but have untapped potential/skills that are not taken advantage of? Are you working in managed services or secondment where your efforts remain unnoticed and want to work in an environment where you have a more direct impact on the IT landscape you are working on? If so we are looking for you!
Applied Medical is a highly successful, fast growing company and we are currently looking for a Junior System Administrator to join our European IT team. We look forward to meeting fresh minds in IT fond of new technologies, automation, and scripting that are eager to work in a dynamic environment.
Helping manage our Microsoft based environment with a good dose of PowerShell scripting will be key responsibility but tasks can diversify in many areas like backup, database and network administration.
Candidate's skills and mentality are more important than certifications, tuition program is available making this all-around job at Applied Medical a great opportunity to work, learn, develop and grow further in your IT journey.
We are hoping to meet you soon!
- Maintenance and monitoring of our servers, backups, network and its security
- Contribute to the development of process automation, integration of data from several sources, etc.
- Use scripting and other tools to work on improvements and provide solutions
- Provide (custom) application support
- Assist with database administration
- Create and maintain documentation
- Support the helpdesk team with complex second line questions and re
- A minimum of two years of work experience in a similar position
- Versatile professional who likes to learn about new developments in IT
- Extensive knowledge of PowerShell and other automation tools
- Extensive Windows Server products experience
- Proficient with Linux Server products
- Proficient with VMWare and other virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of networks
- Able to support Apache, Nginx and IIS web services and the applications that run on them
- Proficient in working with various APIs
- Ability to follow standard procedures and use best practices
- Excellent communication skills in English
The following qualifications are desirable, but not mandatory:
- An understanding of the business that allows you to think along with our departments (e.g. Business Analysis, Sales, Personnel, etc.) about their processes, challenges, solutions and possible improvements
- Work experience in an international environment
- An MCP Certification or higher
- Good remuneration package including pension and 27 vacation days
- Travel allowance and health insurance benefits
- Opportunity for personal development and continuous learning
- Education reimbursement program
- Informal and international work environment with over 35 nationalities
- Teambuilding and volunteer opportunities
- Onsite group exercise classes and health activities
Are you an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging and professional, yet casual business environment? We are looking forward to receiving your application.
To learn more about our global company please visit our website: https://www.appliedmedical.com/.
40 hours per week
At Applied Medical, we are committed to making a meaningful, positive difference, each and every day. Within our European headquarters in Amersfoort (NL), we develop, manufacture and support the implementation of our advanced medical devices across Europe and the MENA region. Applied’s team members enjoy working in an international environment, in which people of diverse backgrounds are valued, challenged, and acknowledged. We support our team members by giving them opportunities for ongoing learning and education, possibilities to take part in community volunteering activities and a variety of onsite exercise classes and health activities.
If you are passionate about working in an organization that allows you to make decisions based upon what is right for the patient, customer, community, and environment, Applied Medical is the place for you.