Amsterdam Light Festival 2013Festivals / Amsterdam
06 December 2013 - 19 January 2014, 5pm - 11pm
After a successful 2012 debut, the second edition of the Amsterdam Light Festival will take place for six weeks.
Large, colourful sculptures created by international artists will be displayed around the city to brighten the dark winter months.
Visitors can experience the festival by following two unique routes on land and water!
› View the 2013 programme online here
Photos by Janus van den Eijnden
› Water Colours Boat Route
- Bright artworks change Amsterdam’s scenic canals into a brilliant light fairytale.
- December 6, 2013 - January 19, 2014 | 5pm - 11pm
› Illuminade Walking Route
- Light sculptures fill Amsterdam’s historic Plantagebuurt, including the Hermitage Museum, and along the Amstel River.
- December 12, 2013 - January 5, 2014 | 5pm - 10pm
› Christmas Parade
- Illuminated boats make their way along Amsterdam’s canals and the Amstel River to celebrate the holidays.
- December 21, 2013 | 6.30pm